Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Great Debate -- To Self-publish or not

After completing The Flower Garden I immediately began to send query letters. A few agencies requested pages but, before long, I had moved on to Damaged Goods. I still have high hopes for TFG; however, I can see that DG will get a lot more play. The story is much more engaging, the characters have taken on a life of their own, and the novel definitely has legs! For me the great debate is if I should even consider self-publishing. I THINK NOT! I have faith in my writing and am searching for an agent who will read my stories and feel the same passion I feel for my characters. If I don't find that right agent (they're missing out!) I won't stop writing my beloved stories... but I will continue to allow my family and friends to read them.

What are your thoughts? Find the right agent or go on my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment