Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Following my dream

In order to follow a dream, you must first recognize it is there and then, when ready, you can finally take action. This is where I am today. Well, let me give you a bit of background first.

I love to write. Let me say that again, with meaning... I LOVE to write! I have been writing short stories since I was in high school. Though the tales were my secret and refuge, quite often they scored me 2 points into the trash can, and then I would begin again. This behavior went on for about 20 years until my wonderful husband encouraged me to stay the course and actually complete a full length novel. Today, I can proudly say that I have accomplished this feat.

In February of 2010 I began what would become The Flower Garden, an 85,000 word young adult novel based on the negative internal emotions many young girls experience and how a first true love can turn pain and guilt into courage and love.

So, the dream, MY dream I recognized and with encouragment have poured my heart and soul into. I hope to someday become a working (full-time) author; however, until then I am just so thrilled to put my completed thoughts on paper with the hopes of one day seeing MY name in the bookstore window.

In addition to this completed novel, I have an additional two in the works.
Life is beautiful.
-Mel

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you Mel!! I love when people follow their dreams, their heart. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have you autograph one of your hardcovers for my Zoe.... :-)

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration!
    Christine Richey

    ReplyDelete